At School of Aesthetic ART, we currently offer the foundation training for Permanent Cosmetics at Level 4. This training course is designed for Beauty Therapists who would like to enhance their career by becoming a Permanent Cosmetic specialist.
What is this Permanent Cosmetics Course?
Level 4 Enhance Appearance with Micropigmentation Treatments
This is a comprehensive Permanent Cosmetics training course that includes all the essential knowledge and skills to provide some of the most popular Permanent Make-up treatments.
Permanent Cosmetics, also known as Micropigmentation, is a form of cosmetic tattooing to create make-up effects to enhance facial features. This training course requires learners to develop skills to carry out Permanent Cosmetics treatments including eyebrows, eyes and lips.
What will I learn in this Permanent Cosmetics Course?
The training course is structured according to Foundation Theory and Practical Training. In the theory section, you will learn and understand:
- Permanent Cosmetics treatment and its history
- Safety, sanity and hygiene requirements
- Anatomy and physiology relavent to treatments
- Skin, skin disorders and viral infections
- Colour theory and pigments used in Permanent Cosmetics treatments
- Facial features and cosmetic artistry
- Client consultation and analysis with cosmetic artistry
In the practical section, you will learn how to:
- Prepare for treatments: set up, appropriate products, tools and equipment selection accordingly to clients needs
- Provide appropriate customer care, client follow up, pre and after care advice
- Carry out Permanent Cosmetics Treatments on various facial areas with different techniques:
- Eyebrow Treatment: Powdered Brows, Hair Stroke Techniques
- Eyes: Eyeliner, Natural Eye Enhancement
- Lips: Lip Liner, Lip Blush, Full Lip Colour
How will I learn?
Some of the foundation theory require pre-study at home before you come in to our training centre based in Billericay, Essex for tutorials, discussion and workshops. For the practical training, we will provide you with plenty treatment demonstration and hands-on practice under supervision.
We will keep our class size small so that our tutor can spend more time with each delegate for a more personalised guidance.
How will I be assessed?
The theory part of the course will be assessed on the basis of question papers. For practical part of the course, the observation of treatment on model patient in realist working environment is required.
A portfolio including case studies will also be put together as evidence of learning. You are required to submit 18 case studies: 6 eyebrows, 6 lips, 6 eyeliners.
Assessment is set, marked and internally quality assured by the centre to clearly demonstrate achievement of the learning outcomes. Assessment is moderate by OCN-Credit4Learning for external quality assurers.
Any advanced training in Permanent Cosmetics?
Yes, we are in the process of developing further training programmes in Permanent Cosmetics, these include:
- Master SPMU Applications for Eyebrows (alopecia brows, colour correction, scar camouflage), Lips (cleft lips, advanced lip contour, reconstruction), Eyes (butterfly eyeliner, winged eyeliner, shadowed)
- Make Permanent Cosmetics (eyebrows, natural lip enhancement, reconstruction for brows and lips)
- Scalp Tattooing / Scalp Micropigmentation
- Specialist Removal and Correctional Treatments
These will be launched in the further. If you are interested in any of these Permanent Cosmetics training programmes and would like to know more, please get in touch.
How to Enrol
Simply click here to fill in an enrolment form with your CV and any previous certificate. Our student support will get in touch! If you need any assistance in the process, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org